Comparing other distros kernels to Fedora.

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Tue Oct 12 17:54:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 09:39:13PM +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:

> I've downloaded the Ubuntu 10.10 LiveCD which uses kernel 2.6.35 and suspend
> and resume works fine in Ubuntu too.
>
> What difference in the Fedora kernels could be causing this problem?

Did you look into /var/log/pm-suspend.log after a failed attempt?
Some clues could be there.

It is also possible that this is not strictly a kernel but some of
modules should be removed before attempting a suspend and Ubuntu
does that while Fedora by default is not. OTOH you may (at least on
F13) put into /home/spare/reddwarf/etc/pm/config.d/ your own .cfg file
with a list of modules which should be removed/inserted on
suspend/resume.  Such list has a format:
SUSPEND_MODULES="name1 name2 ...."

   Michal