Fedora 14 QA retrospective - feedback requested

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Oct 12 20:08:36 UTC 2010

Greetings folks,

I'd like to draw attention to the QA retrospective wiki page for Fedora
14.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_14_QA_Retrospective

As we did for Fedora 13 [1], I'd like to document any
gotchas/hiccups/awesome issues as they happen during a release.  I don't
know about you, but I have an easier time remembering how the group
performed over the past ~4 months when I don't have to remember
everything ... meaning, we took good notes.

Right now this page contains mostly input from me ... which isn't a very
diverse set of ideas.  I'd appreciate additional feedback.  Ideas don't
need to be fully fleshed out, but they do need to be constructive.  We
all need to vent from time to time, but please do so privately, not on
the wiki.

Some leading questions to encourage contributions ...
     1. Were you able to participate in any F14 Alpha or Beta test runs?
        What worked well, what prevented you from participating, were
        instructions clear?
     2. What worked (or didn't work) well about Fedora Test Days this
        release?
     3. Have you signed up as a proventester, was the process well
        defined?  Is it understood what is expected of proventesters?
     4. Are you a maintainer, why do you think your critpath updates
        haven't been tested?  What could you do to encourage more
        testing of your proposed updates?
     5. Did you escalate any bugs for consideration as
        {Alpha,Beta,Final} release Blockers?  Why not?  Was the process
        well documented and did it make sense?
     6. Did you attend or contribute to any Fedora blocker meetings?
        Why not?  What did you like, dislike?  What prevented you from
        participating?
     7. Did you use or contribute to
        http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F14_bugs?
     8. <pony> Unlimited time, resource and beer ... what should the QA
        team focus on for Fedora 15 and beyond </pony>

Thanks,
James

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_QA_Retrospective