Comparing other distros kernels to Fedora.

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Oct 13 01:43:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 10:39:46AM +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 4:54 AM, Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com> wrote:
>     > What difference in the Fedora kernels could be causing this problem?
>
>     Did you look into /var/log/pm-suspend.log after a failed attempt?
>     Some clues could be there.
>

> I've been through this, but in case something was missed:
> /usr/lib64/pm-utils/sleep.d/99video suspend suspend:kernel.acpi_video_flags = 0
> success.
> Sun Oct 10 15:43:42 EST 2010: performing suspend

There _is_ something missing here.  After that last line I would
expect to see a bunch of log entries from an attempt to resume.
A resume part was either not really running at all or failed early
enough before anything had a chance to write in a log.  This seems
to be an information although I am not sure what to do with it.  Do
you see the same if you try to hibernate/thaw?  I would also compare
with pm-suspend.log from when you are running a rawhide kernel which
you say does these things for you

   Michal