[Test-Announce] Fedora 14 ON_QA Blocker bugs needing verification

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 20:39:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:20 PM, James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:

> I was attempting just that earlier this week following instructions at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_build_a_Rawhide_ISO_image_for_testing
>
> I had success creating the ISO files, but they failed to boot due to
> 'unable to find /init'.  I haven't had time to dig deeper to investigate
> what I did wrong.

Those instructions would seem to pull everything from the rawhide repo
for the build?  What I do is use the appropriate .cfg file to define
the way in which creation of the chrooted area for a development/f14
build will be set up when you start the mock creation command - and
then as a second step go into the chrooted shell where the pungi
command is then run using a kickstart file to pull in the same repo
for packages and define which packages will be merged into the iso
during the build.   It is possible to add additional repo definitions
in the .ks file and include any number of additional packages from any
of the repos - however in this process anaconda would come from the
main repo unless the updates-testing repo was also defined ( which
case all packages in updates-testing would be pulled in as more up to
date than those in development/f14/ ), but I don't know enough about
the way pungi works to know if it is possible to tell the build to
pull in a single additional package and if so how to put the
appropriate lines into the .ks file that the build uses.... maybe this
is beyond what the system was designed to do?
--
mike c