Fedora 14 under constant load

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Oct 15 17:28:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 06:18:37PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> >>

> > Now I actually look at the load stats, I do seem to have something like
> > this problem, I just never noticed (I thought Poelcat was talking about
> > CPU load % at first):

Although not in Adam's case, as he doesn't mention thunderbird, is there
any chance for any of you others that this article is relevant?

http://perfprotector.blogspot.com/2010/08/thunderbird-3-is-it-really-all-yours.html

I'm not having the problem, but generally, I run mutt and opera with
openbox.

Right now, with at least 8 rxvt-unicode terminals open, the load is
something like 0.45 as average.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: I'm bad! It's just I can't bite anymore, thanks to you
wankers... Bye the bye, if you're trying to kill her...
(gives Riley two thumbs up)