!! NVIDIA WORKS !!!

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Fri Oct 15 21:42:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 13:08 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> CAW> Actually, this is an oversimplified view based on pure ideology -
> CAW> and exactly the one which causes issues between the OpenSource and
> CAW> other communities.
>
> I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, but the simple fact is that
> we can't fix what we can't work on.

Indeed. Nobody (well at least not me) is asking Fedora Project to fix
nVidia's proprietary code. That should, appropriately, be nVidia's job.

But the two camps can - and should - at least be expected to "play
nicely" with each other. The rules of engagement between the two could
be similar to when two proprietary software companies collaborate while
each keeps their own code closed from the other.