safely remove drive

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Oct 19 06:48:04 UTC 2010

 On 10/19/2010 12:49 PM, cornel panceac wrote:
> wouldn't it be nice to have a "You can safely remove device" message
> displayed for a few seconds every time after you click the option on
> the usb drive's right-click menu?
> also a message displayed al the time during the sync would complete
> the user xperience. imho, of course.

Flashing message isn't really necessary, as far as I'm concerned, but
KDE already does something along those lines.  When you "eject" from the
Device Notifier applet a green check-mark will be displayed for a few
seconds afterward when the device can be removed.  It also gives an
indication that the sync is going on as a series of rotating "busy" dots.