Questions about Fusion Linux

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 07:29:05 UTC 2010

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 09:00:23 +0300, cornel wrote:

> > well, yes, indeed abrt asks the user to choose where to report, so, there
> are two things that can happen here: user chooses the right place and the
> report is successful,

... and still it might be the wrong bug tracker. (<-- the plugins/modules
and customizations case)

> or the user selects the wrong one and the report
> fails, like it happened to me yesterday, when abrt attempted a report on
> audacity, but the installed version was from rpmfusion and (i assume) the
> component was not found in bugzilla.

... and still it would be beneficial if the 3rd party packager would
be involved in the Fedora package, too. E.g. in the case of Audacity,
it's very likely for a bug to affect also the Fedora build and not
just the MP3/FFMPEG enabled build.

> it would've been good to have the
> opportunity to add rpmfusion's bugzilla to the list, so that all the
> debuginfo-install's were not in vain.

It would need to be a bugzilla server that can do the xmlrpc dance,
and rpmfusion's cannot do that so far.

> btw, is there a way to tell abrt which components are in
> bugzilla.redhat.comso that the selection will be made from the start?

Yes. In the case of the xmlrpc-capable bugzilla, the various lists of
products, versions and components can be queried rather conveniently from
remote locations. Of course, a tool like ABRT needs to know what
"products" to examine and what product version identifiers ("Fedora 14",
"Rawhide") to use.