Having looked at the real pungi, what do y'all use to make kickstart files?

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:00:55 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Gregory Woodbury <redwolfe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hving given up on Revisor, I looked at pungi.py and stuff and see that it
> really wants a kickstart file?
>
> Are these the kickstart files in the spins-ks package (whatever its real
> name is)?
>
> Is there currently a tool to make kickstart files?

What I do is install the spin-kickstarts package - there are plenty of
example files in there - if you need the latest for f14 then you can
pull the latest files from the git repo - eg for rawhide.

I am not aware of a tool to make kickstart files and adapt the ones in
the package by hand... it is not too difficult once you see the basic
structure.

Pungi works well - but I always run it inside a mock chroot - I have
posted details on this list in the past.... if you dig for it...

--
mike c