warning to deltaiso users running Rawhide

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 21 17:20:04 UTC 2010

Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Question -- will we need to mass rebuild all Fedora 15 packages with the new
> xz so that delta* rpm stuff works?

Any new Rawhide RPM is built using the new xz, which means the corresponding
drpm will work properly (assuming the new xz is also installed - which is why
it's important to restore the new xz after temporarily downgrading it). The only
time the "md5 mismatch of result" error would happen is when an update built
before the new xz (which was itself built on October 16) is pushed. I only saw
that for a few packages on October 18 (as mentioned in bug 644046), and not
since, including today's Rawhide updates. So all or most of the older RPMs
should already have been pushed.