warning to deltaiso users running Rawhide

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 21 21:37:44 UTC 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:16:17 -0700
Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:04:42PM +0200, Thomas Spura wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:47:31 -0600
> > Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> > > I got this "md5 mismatch" error today for deltas of
> > > glibc-2.12.90-17 rawhide packages which were built on October
> > > 19th.
> >
> > I think, *everyone* will get this error, with the next update after
> > the new xz hit the builders itself (and not yet the users).
> >
> > After that both the builders and the users are only seeing new
> > generated deltas with the new xz.
> > So ignoring it once and then it should work again, isn't it?
> >
> Once for every package?  Or do you mean just the next yum update?

new-xz hit the builders and all packages since then will use the new
format. With the next yum update, you get:
- the packages deltas with old-xz (which you didn't got already, but
  that doesn't matter, because you still have the old xz) and
- the packages deltas with new-xz, which will have the md5 mismatch

After that update, you only get package deltas with new-xz (or the
complete package, because it's not yet installed on your system), so it
should be only on *one* next yum update.

If that makes sense...

--
Thomas