warning to deltaiso users running Rawhide

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 22:38:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:37:44PM +0200, Thomas Spura wrote:

> new-xz hit the builders and all packages since then will use the new
> format. With the next yum update, you get:
> - the packages deltas with old-xz (which you didn't got already, but
>   that doesn't matter, because you still have the old xz) and
> - the packages deltas with new-xz, which will have the md5 mismatch
>
> After that update, you only get package deltas with new-xz (or the
> complete package, because it's not yet installed on your system), so it
> should be only on *one* next yum update.

Ah I see -- I was thinking of a different corner case which after thinking
it through is actually less likely to occur.

User has new xz but isn't entirely up to date.  Does an update of
remaining packages, all of the packages which have not been rebuilt since
the new xz hit the buildroot will fail with a checksum mismatch.

The starting condition -- xz updated but other packages outdated, seems less
likely to occur.

-Toshio