Rawhide installation question

Qiang Li liqiang at hbvtc.edu.cn
Mon Oct 25 18:57:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 11:37 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 02:14 +0800, Qiang Li wrote:
> > My question is what option I have if the first two ways are not
> > applicable? Ask for boot.iso that contains daily anaconda build from
> > James Laska, or using live installer after fedora 14 is released and
> > before fedora 15 has branched?
> Install Fedora 14, then install the fedora-release-rawhide package to
> provide the Rawhide repos, enable them, and do 'yum update'.
> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
> http://www.happyassassin.net

Hi, Adam,

As I mentioned above,

> 1) Direct Rawhide install via standalone Anaconda
> 2) Direct Rawhide install via Live installer
> 3) Yum update from a test release
> 4) Yum update from previous release
> I prefer the first two methods.

I don't like updating from a test release or previous release, because
it takes too much time, bandwidth and it's hard to solve broken

What kind of way do you use to install a fresh fedora rawhide?

Qiang Li
HuBei Polytechnic Institute
No. 17 YuQuan Road
XiaoGan HuBei 432100