Rawhide installation question

Christoph Frieben christoph.frieben at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 26 06:48:44 UTC 2010

2010/10/26 Qiang Li:
> It sounds good. However, would the anaconda contained in boot.iso of the
> most recent install media be too old to support rawhide installation?
> Or, would it be better to grab boot.iso from fedora branched repo, e.g.
> http://<mirror site>/fedora/development/14/x86_64/os/images ?  Have you
> done it like this before?

Yes, indeed, that's the way I proceed when I want to install rawhide
from scratch
and there is no boot.iso image in the rawhide tree. Btw, it is
sufficient and probably
preferrable, too, to simply -add- the rawhide repo. However,
unresolvable conflicts
may occur, but they are rather due to a broken rawhide tree and not due to
anaconda being too old. As I said earlier, grab the most -recent- boot.iso which
actually is the one in ../14/x86_64/os/images/boot.iso. The latest
spin dates back
to yesterday.

~ C