What is this mega-dvd-test?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 08:53:02 UTC 2010

On 10/27/2010 04:19 AM, Tommy He wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder what this mega-dvd-test ISO is ? Is it some sort of
> all-desktop-environment bundle in one Live DVD?

Correct this is an Multi Desktop DVD that ambassadors have been pushing
through and is a essentially a show case for ambassadors to distribute
to people at shows and stuff and it contains the live spins of Gnome,
KDE XFCE and LXDE so you should be presented with four Grub boot entries
Fedora Gnome, Fedora KDE, Fedora XFCE, and Fedora LXDE ( or something
similar ).

> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/mega-dvd-test/Fedora-14-Live-multi/
>
> If it is something new to F14 release, can we the testers play with it
> and fire up issues?

It does not need any formal testing validation that has been taken care
of by the individual spins and ambassadors themselves and far as I know
this is the first time in Fedora history this is done so kudos to
everyone involved I'm pretty sure it has been a bumpy ride pushing this
through so certainly play around and poke at share you're thoughts and
ideas with the rest of the community .

JBG