different output between yum and gpk-update-viewer behind proxy

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 09:42:51 UTC 2010

Hello,
I just installed f14 beta as a vm inside rh el 5 host some days ago
and didn't have time to test a lot.
This morning I wanted to update and with graphical window I got "all
software is up to date" (see attachment)
Doubtfully, I ran "yum update" and actually got

[root at f14 gcecchi]# yum update
Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
Adding en_US to language list
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
repository: fedora. Please verify its path and try again

This probably because my host itself is behind a proxy and I suppose I
have to configure the same proxy inside the vm (I'm using virbr0 in
guest).

Anyway I think output messages should be consistent between the two tools...

I don't know if already fixed in upcoming finale release...
BTW: after putting
proxy=...
inside yum.conf
I correctly got both by console and by gui the list of packages...

Gianluca