have installed Fedora Beta via KDE nightly builds some feedback

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 22:22:55 UTC 2010

Dear folks,

Several days ago, I managed to install Fedora Beta via LiveCD KDE 10 17 build don't remember exactly the name.  Did not install before because had no internet available to test/download updates & new packages.  I have some feedback here, but have not been able to post bug reports konqueror fails to work correctly(*might be a yahoo problem :( *)

1)  Cannot install wine :(, package conflicts so. _ package is newer than the ---- package that wine requires, process ends.  Have tried this three times with no success.

2)  Tried to install kile/texmaker, but requirements are texlive-2007, that is a no brainer, wasn;t texlive 2010 going to be in the default build?  I dismissed the install.  This was a feature that was going to be implemented and it is not, this is a sad story to me.  I have installed texlive 2010 by livedvd the upstream version, wanted to get the Fedora one, but *it :( sadly did not make its way* to Fedora 14, maybe Fedora 15?

3)  Tried to setup automatic login, but the prompts don't prompt me for root password, and the process fails with error 6?  abrt does not come up to report the bug :(, nothing I could do.

4) I guess it was too late, but now LibreOffice will replace OpenOffice, and Fedora 14 will come with OpenOffice, might need to switch to rawhide and track LibreOffice?  Maybe developers can make a repo? available for those users that would like to help out in testing LibreOffice?

Have installed it on two machines, have two more machines (x86_64 bit) ready for more testing when an RC comes out.

Thanks in advance,

Antonio

P.S.  Sorry for coming to the testing later on than usual, we have moved to a new school and we had no internet access till now and now we can try to help out more, maybe Fedora 15?  Thanks for all the efforts and work that you guys put in.  and sorry for the desilusion on texlive :(

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive

IT was slated for Fedora 14, but did not make it :(
Current status

    * Targeted release: Fedora 15
    * Last updated: 2009-10-22
    * Percentage of completion: 60%

If it comes to this, I am content to build it on my own, or installing it from the DVD on Slackware & FreeBSD since they keep [tetex alive and kicking :( ] because of issues like texlive is HUGE, and other reasons.