Fedora 13/14 and new Macbook Air - anyone tried?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Oct 29 03:44:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 02:27:37PM +1100, Steven Haigh wrote:
> On 29/10/10 14:23, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 22:11 +0200, Fabian A. Scherschel wrote:
> >> LOL. Booting Fedora in an Apple Store? I wanna see that! :D
> >
> > Macs aren't only sold in Apple stores.
>
> Still, whats the point of only being *slightly* annoying...
>
> Burn a handful of F14 live CDs, insert into display macs, reboot them to
> the live CD, walk away.

Airbooks have no CD drive.  :)

I think it depends upon the store and the sales person.  In fairness, I
could see a salesperson in any store being reluctant to let an unknown
customer put a CD or USB in one of the machines.

> NOTE: I do not recommend using super glue in the drives. This many annoy
> the store employees a tad more than is socially acceptable.

Living near one of Apple's flagship stores, I've actually got to say
that I've been impressed by the level of knowledge and helpfulness of
their employees.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: We have a marching jazz band?
Oz: Yeah, but, you know, since the best jazz is improvisational,
we'd be going off in all directions, banging into floats... scary.
Willow: He's just being Oz.
Oz: Pretty much full time.