Request for Fedora QA Group

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 07:41:49 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 4:56 AM, Sawrub <luckysharma11 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok thats too is fine, so how can i join/ be a member of proven testers.
> Filing a ticket as mentioned http://tinyurl.com/2czpxok does not seem to
> work [please change if not applicable ].
> Besides all please approve my request for the proven testers group.

You will see from the link that you provided that you need to file a
ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ and request to join the
proventester group. One of the mentor members of the group will reply
to that ticket, and ask that you confirm that you satisfy a set of
conditions for joining the group. If you confirm, via the same ticket
and via this list, that you have satisfied the requirements, then the
mentor will sponsor your request once an application to join the
proventester group in the Fedora Account system has been entered by
you in FAS. So there are several steps to the process and this is
detailed in the link you sent under the section "Joining the proven
testers"

That is the process, and there are still a number of people who made
the initial request via a ticket at
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ but then never followed up by
replying to the mentor who responded - which is why the request
stalled at that point.

If the procedure is followed then it does work, and the number of
people who are members of the proventester group has been growing
steadily - but it is necessary to follow the correct procedure to do
so.

--
mike c