Fedora 12 updates-testing report

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Fri Oct 29 22:30:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 03:10:37PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 20:44 +0000, updates at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> > The following Fedora 12 Critical Path updates have yet to be approved:

[snip 59 critpath updates]

> Okay, this obviously sucks, and I'm really worried we cannot
> realistically impose the critpath policy on F12 when we clearly don't
> have the testing capability at present. We've discussed various things
> to do about this; for now I propose we remove the critpath restrictions
> on F12. From a *theoretical* point of view this makes no sense as we
> should treat all stable releases the same, but from a *practical* point
> of view, I can't see another way to handle the situation.

Okay, so it's not *as* bad as it seems.  Due to a bug in the query that
is used to generate this list, obsolete updates are included as well.
I ran a fixed query for F12, and there are only 20 unapproved critpath
updates, as opposed to 59.

    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/critpath?release=F12&unapproved=True

Even though it is not as bad as it appears, it is still obvious that we
lack the testing resources to properly enforce our current critical path
policies for older stable releases.

luke