I am not receiving all the e-mails

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sun Oct 31 02:41:45 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 02:03:36AM +0100, xcieja wrote:
> Ok, so in this case on the administration page of mailing list there are
> settings (quoted by me) leading to missunderstanding (somebody can think
> like me about the way it works).

Looking at the list administration page, I see

If you turn digest mode on, you'll get posts bundled together (usually
one per day but possibly more on busy lists), instead of singly when
they're sent.                                 ^^^^^^^

So, it's pretty clear.  Of course, if English isn't a person's native
language, or if someone reads it in a hurry, there's always a chance of
misunderstanding, but even I, who always complain about poorly phrased
explanations with Fedora, :), think it's pretty clear.

It's also, as far as I know, fairly standard with mailing lists.
I'm sure there are exceptions, but all the lists I know that have
digests do it in an either/or manner--that is, either you get individual
mails or you get the digest.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Hi, for those of you who just tuned in,
everyone here is a crazy person.