F14 - Changing GDM Background

stan gryt2 at q.com
Sun Oct 31 21:19:36 UTC 2010

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:04:34 -0600
Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com> wrote:

> If anybody can tell more about the subject then I am all ears.

Not a solution, but an alternative.  I think wallpapoz will do what you
want.

$ rpm -qi wallpapoz
Name        : wallpapoz Relocations: (not relocatable) Version     :
0.5                               Vendor: Fedora Project Release     :
1.fc14                        Build Date: Wed 06 Oct 2010 01:57:25 PM
MST Install Date: Fri 08 Oct 2010 11:27:40 AM MST      Build Host:
x86-03.phx2.fedoraproject.org Group       : User
Interface/Desktops       Source RPM: wallpapoz-0.5-1.fc14.src.rpm
Size        : 527315                           License: GPLv2+
Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Thu 07 Oct 2010 10:47:31 AM MST, Key ID
421caddb97a1071f Packager    : Fedora Project URL         :
http://wallpapoz.akbarhome.com/
Summary     : Gnome Multi Backgrounds and Wallpapers Configuration Tool
Description : This tool enables your Gnome desktop to have different
wallpapers for different workspaces or virtual desktops.