Why was a kernel-2.6.34 pushed to updates that had un-addressed bugs.

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Sep 2 02:18:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 12:12 +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:

> It is however, perfectly reasonable to expect that having tried a
> kernel at the request of a fedora developer on fedora-test-list and
> then having filed a bug against said kernel reporting problems, that
> someone might actually have a few minutes required to actually ask a
> few more questions and try and address the problem.
>
> Otherwise, why did they ask for feedback if it was just to be ignored?

To be frank, they don't have time to look at everything, and suspend is
a bit of a way down the list. They are aware of your bug - I know
because one of the kernel team asked me if I was aware of any problems
with 2.6.34 more serious than suspend issues, so obviously they've seen
yours, but haven't had time to respond to it yet.