Why was a kernel-2.6.34 pushed to updates that had un-addressed bugs.

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Thu Sep 2 06:23:19 UTC 2010

On 02/09/10 03:58, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Because there are always suspend issues, kernel team doesn't consider
> suspend problems a blocker for release.
This is really sad; just a few Fedora releases suspended and resumed
fine right of the box on my T43 Thinkpad, F 13 belonged to them.

I really favor suspend/resume over shutdown/reboot esp. on a notebook
computer.
As you can see, there is some interest in this feature. I'd really
appreciate, if suspend/resume could be ranked higher.

Matthias