Why was a kernel-2.6.34 pushed to updates that had un-addressed bugs.

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu Sep 2 06:24:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 3:55 PM, pbrobinson at gmail.com
<pbrobinson at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 3:12 AM, Rodd Clarkson <rodd at clarkson.id.au> wrote:
>
> > My system suspends and resumes fine on f13 with the 2.6.33 kernels, so it
> > isn't unreasonable to expect this functionality to continue on a stable
> > release.
>
> On the other hand the 2.6.34 kernel has made my F-13 laptop 100% more
> usable than the entire release. I've been having massive issues and
> I've been actually meaning to reinstall F-12 but haven't actually had
> the time to do so. It got pushed from updates-testing to updates very
> quickly because a lot of people tested it before it even hit
> updates-testing and hence got the karma required to go through to
> updates very quickly.
>
> Ah, and here I guess lies the problem.  The email from the fedora engineers
(some weeks ago) quite clearly stated not to give this kernel karma points
so that it didn't get pushed until they were sure it wouldn't cause issues,
so I haven't been giving it negative karma as a result.

I'm really not happy with this entire process.  I've also received an email
saying that my 99 votes have been removed because someone at fedora decided
to change the rules regarding my bug and voting and that my votes don't
count any more.  What a way to run an election.

Anyhow, what a waste of time all around.  I spend a couple of painful hours
booting and rebooting my system to try and isolate this bug and the
developers couldn't take two minutes to mention that they needed to post the
kernel and that they would address my bug some time soon.

R.