Why was a kernel-2.6.34 pushed to updates that had un-addressed bugs.

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu Sep 2 06:29:44 UTC 2010

> Anyhow, what a waste of time all around.  I spend a couple of painful hours
> booting and rebooting my system to try and isolate this bug and the
> developers couldn't take two minutes to mention that they needed to post the
> kernel and that they would address my bug some time soon.

Anyhow, enough bitching.  It's unlikely to change anything.

Could someone tell me what I need to do to get yum to ignore kernel updates
for the future.

I'll put my efforts into getting f14 to suspend and resume in the hope that
this will work.  It may not be a high priority for the developers (on I
guess desktops), but as a laptop user it's a must.

R.