[Test-Announce] Systemd Test Day on Tuesday 2010/09/07

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Sep 5 23:36:38 UTC 2010

This week's Test Day[1], which will take place on Tuesday 2010/09/07
rather than the more usual Thursday, is on systemd, so it's a very
important one! It will also serve at least two functions: as usual, the
testing will help us to improve the code so that if it does go into the
final Fedora 14 release it will work as well as possible, but the Fedora
steering committee will also be using the results of the Test Day to
help inform their final decision as to whether to go ahead with systemd
for the Beta and final release, or whether to revert to upstart. So
there's a lot riding on this Test Day. As usual, the Test Day will run
in #fedora-test-day on Freenode IRC - see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_use_IRC if you're not sure how to
use IRC.

As usual, we've tried to make it as easy as possible to participate.
There's full testing instructions on the Test Day wiki page, and you can
contribute some helpful testing just by running a nightly live image[2]
and making sure it boots correctly. Of course, the more testing you can
contribute the better, and there are lots of tests documented on the
page for those who have the time and the ability to install a copy of
Fedora 14 for testing. We also welcome freeform testing of systemd
during the Test Day - it will be very helpful for people simply to
configure a test Fedora 14 installation with the configuration you'd
typically use, and make sure systemd handles starting the system
properly.

Lennart and myself will be around as much as we can during the Test Day
to help out and follow up on your results. We're both in European time
zones at present. Lennart's IRC nick is 'mezcalero', and I'm adamw.
Please do come along and help us test out this important new component -
it's really important that we get as much testing done as possible.
Thanks!

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-07_Systemd
[2] http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/