Update to F-14 does not show desktop manager

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Mon Sep 6 17:28:03 UTC 2010

Hi,
	I have updated today one (real) machine to F-14 using yum.

Remarkably the process was very smooth, I had to remove (using rpm -e) python-
zope-filesystem for the upgrade to work but otherwise it worked flawlessly.
Well done Seth. :-)

FWIW I had to update 4948 packages (I have texlive installed that accounts for
more than 3700 packages).

package-cleanup does not report either any problem or any duplicated package.

When I start the computer I am greeted with the console, the graphical display
for the desktop manager does not show, be it kdm or gdm.

Some more details:

/etc/systemd/system/default.target points to
/lib/systemd/system/runlevel5.target

I am running an update system and systemd is version 9-3.fc14_x86_64

If I pass the option init=/sbin/upstart to grub then the system works as
expected.

Are there any other details that I could give to report this?
--
José Abílio