[Test-Announce] Systemd Test Day on Tuesday 2010/09/07

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 00:41:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

I want to compare systemd and upstart boot speed (I don't expect much,
so I won't be disappointed :))

systemd
http://i56.tinypic.com/ilk4fq.jpg

upstart
http://i53.tinypic.com/dnhrvm.png

both starts system in 31 seconds, but systemd starts much more services.

It looks like ntsysv doesn't have a systemd support. How can I disable
service in systemd? I suppose I need to use systemctl disable command,
but I don't know when to look for job names - list-jobs fails here

[michal at dio ~]$ systemctl list-jobs
Failed to issue method call: Launch helper exited with unknown return code 1
[michal at dio ~]$ sudo systemctl list-jobs
Failed to get D-Bus connection: Failed to connect to socket
/org/freedesktop/systemd1/private: Connection refused
[michal at dio ~]$ sudo systemctl list-units
Failed to get D-Bus connection: Failed to connect to socket
/org/freedesktop/systemd1/private: Connection refused

Regards,
Michal