pstoraster failed

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 05:17:01 UTC 2010

When I try to print a test page to an HP 7210 in f14 alpha
from system-config-printer, I get a dialogue saying that "there
was a problem processing document" and a printer state that
says:
Idle: /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster failed

When I try to run hp-setup to add the printer, I get an error
that says printer queue setup failed.  Please restart cups and
start again.  I tried restarting cups and get the same message.

The same printer works fine in f13 and I don't remember having
any problem setting it up there.

Cheers,

            David