[Test-Announce] Fedora 14 Beta TC1 Available Now!

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Sep 10 14:56:48 UTC 2010

On 09/09/2010 05:46 PM, Andre Robatino wrote:
> Fedora 14 Beta TC1 is now available [1].

This image (http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/14-Beta.TC1/i386/os/)
appears to be useless for network/kickstart installs.  I've pxe booted the
images from there and downloaded the install.img from there as well
(stage2=http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/14-Beta.TC1/i386/os/images/install.img).
  I'm getting:

Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
anaconda-InstallationRepo-201009092144.i386. Please verify its path and try again

vt3 log shows it trying to download
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/14-Beta.TC1/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml
which does not exist.

If I click continue I get:

Error: Unable to read group information from repositories.  This is a problem
with the generation of your install tree.

vt3 log again shows it trying to download the above repomd.xml.

In my kickstart file I have:

url --url=http://fedora.cora.nwra.com/development/14/i386/os

which is my local mirror, but that appears to be ignored, presumably
overridden by the stage2 argument.  Expected or anaconda bug?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com