Release criteria proposal: fedora release artwork

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Sep 10 16:06:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 16:18 +0100, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 09:49 -0400, James Laska wrote:
> > Greetings gang,
> >
> > From the last 2 F14 blocker bug meetings [1], it became apparent that we
> > need release criteria to describe how best to prioritize issues related
> > to Fedora release artwork.  I took an action item to draft up 2 criteria
> > to describe the expectations around release artwork before Final, and
> > for the Final release.
> >
> > I'd like to propose the following criteria.  As always, comments welcome
> > and encouraged.
> >
> > = Fedora 14 Alpha =
> >  * The default Fedora artwork used must either refer to the current
> > Fedora release under development (Fedora 14), or reference an interim
> > release milestone (e.g. Alpha or Beta).  If a release version number is
>
> This should just say 'Alpha'. There's no situation in which it would be
> okay for the Alpha to say it's the Beta. =)

I was trying to capture the scenario mizmo described where the
design-team would have milestone specific artwork for the Alpha and
Beta, instead of general development release artwork.  For example, it
might have the words, "Alpha" or "Beta" in the artwork.

> Other than that, looks good.

Thanks, I'll adjust and add to the wiki after a bit more time has passed
for comments.

Thanks,
James