Not too impressed with the quality of F14 at this time

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 04:09:21 UTC 2010

On 9/11/2010 11:44 PM, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
>  On 09/11/2010 11:27 PM, David wrote:
>> Wow! That is a large number of problems. Perhaps if you go away again
>> and then come back in, say, another month or two, perhaps three, these
>> problems will be all be worked out by others that actually do the
>> testing and everything will be to your liking.
> David, I've been one of the people "that actually do the testing" for
> many years.
>
> There are 1,085 bugs at bugzilla.redhat.com that were reported by me.
> It's probably not true any more, but at one point I had reported more
> bugs against Red Hat Linux (take note, before Fedora existed) than
> anyone who wasn't an employee of Red Hat.
>
> I don't know whether you report bugs into bugzilla under multiple email
> addresses, but if not, then I note with some interest that, in contrast,
> there are a grand total of /four/ bugs in bugzilla reported by
> dgboles at gmail.com.
>
> I have a "Red Hat Beta Team" T shirt. Do you? Just curious.
>
> It is also worth noting that many of the bugs I've reported have patches
> attached to them... also submitted by me.
>
> It is hard for me to imagine a scenario in which your response to me is
> appropriate or one in which you are someone who in a position to
> legitimately speak to me that way. Frankly, that would be true if my
> had never submitted a bug to bugzilla. There is nothing to gain from
> responding with such rudeness and hostility to legitimate feedback.
>
> I hope you can pry your foot out of your mouth for long enough to
> apologize to the entire list for the way you just spoke to me. If not, I
> will have no choice but to defend myself on the list by resending this
> message to it rather than privately to you. I'd imagine that an
> apparently unsolicited apology from you for speaking inappropriately to
> someone who was trying to help would be a lot less humiliating to you
> than for everyone to see this message.
>
>   Jonathan Kamens

A personal email that complains of my 'attack'?  :-)  You, personally,
perhaps did not deserve what I considered as a satirical reply to a
'whine' type post. That was the impression that I got from your post. A
'whine'.

I will accept your claim of a long history as a tester on your word. Why
not since I don't really care? As well as your claim of a long history
as a bug reporter. Again why not since I don't really care?

I can understand that these supposed problems are important to you.
Notice the 'to you'. But since no one else seems to have reported them
just how would you expect that these might have been fixed when only you
seem to have these problems and you have:

/quote/

(I've been unsubscribed for a month or so because of other business
consuming all my time, so forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse.)

/unquote/

But you are correct. I should have just ignored your 'whine' post.

Fair enough?

Have a nice day.
--

  David