Not too impressed with the quality of F14 at this time

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Sun Sep 12 11:44:31 UTC 2010

 On 09/12/2010 01:07 AM, David wrote:
> Perhaps you are correct here. It bothers me when I see the Fedora devs
> work so hard to produce a product and then someone steps in and attacks
> it.
*Pointing out flaws in a product is not "attacking" it.*

I may not be a "Fedora dev" /per se/, but I have maintained in the past
and continue to maintain a large number of open-source software
projects. I /want/ people to tell me when their experience with my
software is negative. I /want/ people to tell me when there's something
they think I need to fix. /This is how I make my software/ /better/.

To suggest that it's somehow wrong for people who are helping to test
Fedora to express concerns with the quality of the release is simply absurd.

> Perhaps I over reacted. Perhaps I should have included a smiley?
Perhaps you shouldn't have said what you said at all. Perhaps you should
now man up, admit you were wrong, and apologize, rather than couching
your admission in weasel words and wrapping it in excuses.

  jik