Printing to PCL printers.

Lawrence E Graves lgraves at risingstarmbc.com
Sun Sep 12 10:48:27 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-09-12 at 06:42 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 04:25:17AM -0600, Lawrence E Graves wrote:
> > I am not able to print to my Brothers MFC-495CW.  It installs but will
> > not print.  However, the scanner works.
> >

> Is that a PCL?  I see that Brothers does provide Linux drivers for that
> printer.
>
> http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/index.html
>
> (My own Brothers experience, completely irrelevant here, is that my
> HL2170W works in Fedora with the Cups drivers, but in CentOS, I did have
> to use the Brother drivers.)
>
> --
> Scott Robbins
> PGP keyID EB3467D6
>
> Oz: We survived.
> Buffy: Yeah, it was some battle.
> Oz: I meant high school.

I have all drivers and have it installed, however it will not print.  It
tries, but nothing happens and there is nothing in my qu that suggest it
ever printed anything. It is connecting or I would not be able to scan.
I don't get an error message so I have nothing to show the problem.
--
Lawrence E Graves <lgraves at risingstarmbc.com>