root password required 3 times to add a printer

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Mon Sep 13 17:37:11 UTC 2010

Is this how it should be?

I believe the root password should only be asked for once throughout the
process. At the moment, I need to enter the root password as soon as I
hit the add printer button for:

org.fedoraproject.config.firewall.auth

Then again for org.opensuse.cupspkhelper.mechanism.devices-get

Then I need to enter the root password again when I've finished adding
the printer.

 From a user perspective, I don't think this is right. I believe the
root password should only be required once - then the system should be
smart enough to use this for all processes related to the same task - in
this case, adding a printer.

Thoughts?

--
Steven Haigh