heads-up: upstart reversion coming soon

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Sep 14 21:46:38 UTC 2010

So, fesco seem to have voted not to take systemd for f14 in the meeting
today. this means we'll need to revert to upstart for Beta, which gives
us a tight schedule for Beta RC1. Bill Nottingham says he'll work on the
reversion, but it'll need testing; this is a heads-up that if people can
plan to spend a bit of time testing reverting their systems to upstart
tomorrow it'd be very helpful. I'll try and post procedures and so forth
to the list ASAP. Note that I'm in a European time zone ATM so I'll be
asleep for the next while, but my posts on the stuff should probably
come quite 'early' tomorrow for those of you in North America.