heads-up: upstart reversion coming soon

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 22:58:16 UTC 2010

2010/9/15 Petrus de Calguarium <pgueckel at gmail.com>:
> Vaclav Misek wrote:
>
>> I had only minor problems with systemd and I'd like to keep it.
>
> I had no problems that come to mind and I'd like to keep it.
>
> Please explain explicitly how consumers can continue to use it, rather than
> regressing: grub kernel parameters, other required settings to maintain
> systemd, compatibility packages to install, etc.
>
> I use systemctl in some scripts to start/stop services and do not want to
> revert to service, chkconfig, etc. How do I keep my scripts without regressing
> them?

If systemd remains in the repos as suggested by Adam Williamson there
will be no problem. You will only need to add init option to your
kernel command line.

It would be the perfect solution - users will not be complaining about
systemd errors, because they will use the default upstart. Anyone
wishing to use systemd will be able to easily turn it on.

Regards,
Michal