heads-up: upstart reversion coming soon

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 15 11:30:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 09:36 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> 2010/9/15 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com>:
> > The decision to reject this feature certainly was a lesson in killing
> > momentum which we will never reach again.
>
> This is how I also feel. By trying to make Fedora shiny, polished and
> super-cautious against breaking things we're just creating another
> Ubuntu clone. This is destroying the very reason people run Fedora in
> the first place: Fedora is where innovation happens. Innovation is
> risky, but without it we're unimportant within two releases.

This seems like an unwarranted extrapolation. If you read the meeting
log the decision wasn't taken on any broad ideological basis like this.
It was just a fairly pragmatic 'is it totally ready for f14 or would it
be better to give it a bit more time and have it in f15' question (which
was in fact very close, the vote failed by one).