heads-up: upstart reversion coming soon

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Sep 15 13:42:02 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:53:36 +0530,
  Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since, I am a co-maintainer of systemd and watching bugs flow through,
> I think we need a more concrete list of what is missing/needs to be
> fixed for this to be acceptable for Fedora 15.  I think, off the top of
> my head,  I would like the following
>
> * Fedora documentation, especially the longer guides to be updated to
> cover systemd extensively

This should cover how to add new services. I needed to start svscanboot
at boot. This used to be something in inittab, that I needed to futz
with for upstart. It didn't seem to work in rc.local and when I tried
reading the systemd documentation it seemed sort of fuzzy as to what
I needed to do. I eventually got it working, but it would be nice to
have some more clear cut examples in different cases.

I also would like to have an easy way to tell if the config is sane.
With some of the early issues with systemd I got my config in a bad state
and it wasn't clear how to verify that it was sane or to easily revert it
to a sane state.