What do consumers wishing to use systemd in F14 need to do?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Sep 15 16:51:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:41:36AM -0600, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Is this all I need to do in order not to regress my system? I wish to
> continue to use systemd in F14.

What are you wanting to get out of having your system using systemd at this
point?

If it's to help advance systemd as a technology, to test and integrate your
own software with it, and/or to be on the leading edge, I highly suggest
switching to Rawhide (which is easily done from a test release of Fedora 14:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Rawhide#Yum_update_from_a_test_release).
You can then easily stay on the F15 release track when it comes out, if
you're ready to move to a more stable solution.

If you have a different reason, I'd love to hear it so we can figure out a
good solution for you. Keeping the existing Fedora 14 test packages for
systemd isn't going to do what you want.

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>