What do consumers wishing to use systemd in F14 need to do?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Sep 15 17:51:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:21:40AM -0600, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> You're sure this isn't going to f--k my perfectly running system (yes, I
> do have f13 installed on a different partition, but I would not be happy
> with that and would want at least f14, if rawhide screws up).

Am I *sure*? No promises! But I've done it several times without issue.
Annnd sometimes with moderate but fixable issues. If you're used to running
bleeding edge software, you're probably competent to dig yourself out of
whatever problems might crop up.

> I install the fedora-release-rawhide package from rawhide and then yum
> update,

You can install fedora-release-rawhide from F14. Then go to
/etc/yum.repos.d/ and change what's enabled, and then yum update.

> and I guess I would manually have to reinstall systemd-sysvinit,
> too, right?

Probably. And depending on the current state of things, double-check if you
still have a default target.

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>