What do consumers wishing to use systemd in F14 need to do?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 11:16:59 UTC 2010

  On 09/16/2010 10:50 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:

>> >  Where in the 9 effing hecks did you come up with that piece of
>> >  knowledge? I have seen multiple devels say it will be so I kind of
>> >  expect the people putting code together will know whats going on.
> Johann is pretty plugged into systemd development and talks to Lennart
> regularly. He's pretty reliable on the topic. I've said what would need
> to happen for systemd to be supported in F14, but I haven't said it's
> actually going to happen, because I don't know that; it's up to Lennart.
>
> I haven't seen Lennart say anything final either way. I imagine he's
> still considering what to do.
Well Lennart is one and half and what Bill has been saying from the get
go is the other, that is to allow people to pick their own set of
breakage in init system is really a bad idea. Trying to patch and
supporting and updating both is another recipe for disaster, probably
doable but bad food never the less. .

And I personally agree with Bill's view on this.

JBG