What do consumers wishing to use systemd in F14 need to do?

Petrus de Calguarium pgueckel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 17:47:39 UTC 2010

Micha? Piotrowski wrote:

> I mean systemd and all boot scripts. Wonderful!

This is definitely nice for consumers who have already made the transition to
the future and do not care to regress.

As for rawhide, it is definitely experimental, but to use it as a day-to-day
system is not always practical. I have tried, once, and within a few short
weeks I no longer had access to a graphical desktop, but I persevered with the
updates, hoping that I would one day arrive at a working system. A month or so
later I was no longer able to use yum, hence it was a dead system that could
not be helped back onto its feet. Rawhide only seems usable from the time the
alpha releases come out and for a short time after the full-fledged release,
but the period in between can be very unstable, in my limited experience.