What do consumers wishing to use systemd in F14 need to do?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:26:30 UTC 2010

  On 09/16/2010 04:11 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 21:31 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>> I could see having what F-14 currently has (*) left in F-14, with a caveat
>>> that it's there solely as a preview, and any issues are not guaranteed
>>> to be fixed in F-14 itself. However, that would be promoting not the best
>>> service to our users.
>>>
>> How about setting up a systemd repo in repos.fedorapeople.org?
> All this is extra work that will distract from making systemd more
> successful in F15... of course, if you want to do it, go for it.

Agreed.

Lennart's focus has turned back to finish couple of *awesome* features
he had put a side for F14 bugfixes and he wont be looking at any
bugfixes until he has finished that ( because he wants to make F15 even
more awesome ) which probably will be around the time for him to start
dealing with F15 bugs, so as Matthias points out it would only act as a
distraction for him to be hammered with F14 bug reports ( which he would
not fix right away anyway ) and make F15 less awesome as a result of that.

Not to worry thou we have a big thing ahead of us and that's to
create/convert all Fedora SysVinit files to native SystemD files. (
Somewhere between 500 - 600 of those ) I am in the midst of writing the
wikipage for that and collecting all the files to one accessible place
so participants wont need to install all those packages just to take a
look and work with their init file(s).

When I'm done with that I will document the procedure on how to do that
and host a convert SysVinit files to native SystemD files day(s) for
interested parties to participate in ( good way to learn a bit about
systemd and stuff ).

JBG