What do consumers wishing to use systemd in F14 need to do?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 19:20:42 UTC 2010

  On 09/16/2010 06:38 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> A first step here would be to finish and get approved the systemd unit
> files packaging guidelines:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd_Packaging_Draft

Great page with good questions btw.

 From the look at that page the first thing that needs to be done is to
create a proper documentation on how to write unit files with good
examples and what better way to do that then converting couple of SysV's
to SystemD's ;)

The answer to rest of that page is pretty obvious ( to me ) after we
switch to Systemd there will be only one init system to avoid any half
ass implementation of three ( SysV, Upstart and Systemd ) which would
just complicate things.

We convert everything to systemd and require anything new to be systemd
compliant and all docs etc. will be written with that in mind. ( as I
see why bother to switch otherwise. ).

just my $0.02

JBG