.local domains or some Exchange thing failing in F14

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Fri Sep 17 19:47:30 UTC 2010

We have an Exchange server and I believe it serves both IM and email for
the office.  After applying one or another F14 updates-testing update
from between yesterday and Sept. 8, Evolution and Pidgin are no longer
able to connect.  It looks like they are sending out mDNS packets and
getting no reply, though "host" can resolve the .local hosts they are
looking for without trouble.  Downgrading nss and packages bundled in
the recent upgrade didn't fix the problem.  Anyone else having similar
problems or have an idea what the culprit could be?  yum isn't happy
with downgrading everything.

-B.