F14 Beta RC2 comments

Gregory Woodbury redwolfe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 13:24:11 UTC 2010

The F14 Beta Release Candidate 2 is not ready for primetime....

Ar boot, there is no menu or graphics, just a command line saying press
Enter to start boot process. (disc 1)

BZ 634791 is now a blocker for my machine.  Anaconda or something is sending
FlushCache commands and
making the installation fail.

In RC1 the anaconda has eliminated the screen to select where to put the
boot loader,
automatically overwriting the /dev/sda F13 installation with a non-operative
GRUB.
This requires the use of a rescue mode to re-install the F13 loader.

To echo another post here recently, I'm not impressed by the current F14
quality.

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury