lxde-x86_64-20100917.16.iso NetworkManager failure

Steven I Usdansky usdanskys at rocketmail.com
Sun Sep 19 13:31:24 UTC 2010

 Running from the USB flash drive, NetworkManager fails to do it's thing.
The nm-applet displays properly in the panel, I click on it and see a
list of available networks, I click on my home network (no encryption
for this test), and absolutely nothing happens. Not sure where the
problem lies. The F14 test install on my hard drive (original install
date Aug 24 with subsequent updates) contains the same versions of
NetworkManager, dhclient, lxpolkit, and ConsoleKit, and just works.