F14 Beta RC2 comments

Richard Ryniker ryniker at alum.mit.edu
Sun Sep 19 14:47:01 UTC 2010

> In RC1 the anaconda has eliminated the screen to select where to put the
> boot loader,

I had the opportunity to make a choice.  Anaconda presented a two-panel
display that listed the drives it found on the left panel, and a
convenient mechanism to select which drives I wanted to use for
installation that moved those entries to the right panel.  This is a very
welcome improvement to what I thought was messy in earlier versions of
Fedora.

When installation drives are listed on the right panel, there was a flag
at the start of an item that I checked to select where the boot loader
should be written.

There may be other paths for installation that do not offer a choice
about where to write the boot loader, but that is what I saw.  F14 RC1
booted successfully for me.